Access Control Systems
An access control system allows you to control who has access to your premises. Access control systems can operate doors, gates and barriers and are available in various installations such as telephone and video entry systems or computer-controlled systems operated by magnetic cards or proximity readers.
These security systems can be installed in a variety of premises including offices, factories and industrial sites, schools and colleges, hospitals, hotels and care homes. An access control system can also be connected to Building Management Systems (BMS).
Assured Fire & Security install and maintain a wide range of access control systems to suit your specific site and provide a safer and more secure environment for you and your employees.
How does an access control system work?
Each type of access control system works differently and a free site survey will help to determine the most suitable type of system for your site.
There are three types of access control system:
- A standalone system which is the simplest, most cost-effective system
- A PC-networked system which allows access to be tailored for each individual and is controlled via the relevant software
- A door entry system which enables entry for visitors who can’t access the site via the access control system.
Each system enables complete control over who can access buildings and sites and specific areas can also be set up to be accessed by selected people.
For detailed information on the different types of systems download our FREE Access Control Buyers’ Guide.
What are the advantages of an access control system?
- You never have to change a lock again or worry about keys being copied when staff leave the business.
- You don’t need to worry about the main entrance to your property being open all day.
- You can control which areas of the site different staff members have access to.
- Protocols can be set to open certain doors during set periods.
- Fire registers can be quickly generated in the event of evacuation.
Why should I choose an SSAIB registered company for my fire alarm install?
Assured Fire & Security are a Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB) registered company. SSAIB, under their Code of Practice SS2003, will inspect a registered company to ensure they are installing and maintaining access control systems to a recognised standard. They also check a number of other requirements such as insurance, quality control, performance to codes of practice and much more.
If you choose an SSAIB accredited company you can be sure of their competence in the installation of access control systems. In addition you can also complain to SSAIB who will ensure any non-conformity is corrected by the registered company or they face disqualification.