On Monday 11th March 2019 North Yorkshire police have urged businesses to review their security following a spate of burglaries in the area starting from February 21st.
There were 5 incidents on the evening of March 9th 2019 leading Sergeant Mike Tinsley of Scarborough Community Impact Team, to release the following statement
“On analysis of the recent burglaries, it is apparent the offender/s have targeted small business with little, or no obvious security measures in place. We urge business owners to review their current security measures”
North Yorkshire police have offered the following advice to business owners:
- Make your premises harder for an offender to access
- Ensure that valuable items are out of view
- Remove items that may help offenders commit an offense
- Reduce the profit the offender can take
- Increase the chance of being caught
Intruders spend on average 3-5 minutes on site. However, CCTV and Intruder alarm systems can act as a deterrent to put them off. Security systems can cost considerably less than the cost of any stolen items and the repair of any damage to your premises should a break-in occur.