A popular restaurant in Wolverhampton city center has been forced to temporarily close after a fire occurred on Monday 23rd September 2019.
Firefighters were called to Bilash on Cheapside, Wolverhampton following a 999 call shortly after 5 PM.
Damage from the fire was contained to the kitchen, which was eventually put out at 7 PM. The fire service stayed until 9 PM to do final checks.
The fire is a major setback for the family run restaurant, which could now be closed for two weeks as a result of the incident.
Staff Member Mohammed Khan stated;
“There was a lot of smoke damage and debris in the kitchen. We could see that the fire cause some severe damage”