Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Local chip shop battered by electrical fault

A Skegness chip shop was left ruined after an electrical fault with the fridge sparked a huge fire on Seaview road.

On Monday 7th January, 20 firefighters were called to a fire on Seaview Road. Alongside the local police, firefighters attended Seaview Fisheries due to the chip shop catching fire at approximately 3.26PM.

Four fire engines from Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue service attended the incident. It is believed to have started from an electrical fault coming from the fridge, while staff members were attending their lunch. At the time of the fire, the owners of Seaview Fisheries were on holiday.

Around 20 percent of the shop suffered damage from the fire alongside heat and smoke damage. It is understood that firefighters used breathing apparatus as well as hose jets in order to extinguish the fire.

Due to the extent of the damage, Seaview Fisheries has had to close down while repairs are undertaken. Fortunately there were no injuries sustained during the fire.

Electrical fires are more common than you think and effects all industries not just the catering industry. Recently two hospitals in Southampton suffered power cuts while a small fire affected the electricity and back up generators.

In order to protect your business from electrical fires ensure your equipment is PAT tested. The right level of fire protection and the right fire training is essential for the safety of your people and the public.

Check out our top 5 tips to reduce the risks of electrical fires.

If you have any questions regarding the fire protection of your people and property contact the experts on 0845 402 3045 and discuss your options with our friendly and dedicated team or email

Original source: Lincolnshire live.

, , , , ,

Comments are closed.