Thornton Science Park, which includes a number of university facilities alongside leisure facilities and a fitness centre, was the latest culprit of an electrical fire in one of their changing rooms.
The fire started due to a faulty electric shower in the changing rooms on Wednesday 9th January at 4.20AM.
Firefighters from Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service attended the incident, using one hose reel and breathing apparatus to extinguish the blaze before using a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.
A spokesperson for the University of Chester commented,
“Damage was contained to the shower cubicle area and there has been no interruption to service within the building. Our thanks go to Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service for their efforts and for attending so quickly.”
Fortunately on this occasion there were no injuries due to the fire.
There are approximately over 6,000 electrical fires each year,
- A leisure centre in Southampton had to be evacuated.
- Local chip shop battered by electrical fault.
- “Worst Hotel” in Britain Closed for Fire Safety Breaches.
Check our electrical fire safety tips for advice on how to protect your business from a potential fire.
How much damage would a fire cause to your business? Ensure you are fully protected against fire by contacting our team today to arrange a free site survey on 0845 402 3045 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.