Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Fire Affects Grand Opera House in York

Fire crews were called to the Grand Opera House on April 24th, 2019, after a curtain caught alight during the rehearsal of Rock of Ages.

Staff members used fire extinguishers on the fire, before safely evacuating the building. Fire crews then extinguished the fire using hose reels and a ventilation fan.

Fortunately, there were no reported injuries from the fire. It is believed to have originated from an electrical fault in the lighting equipment.

Ensure your people are fire safety trained, our Fire Safety Awareness Course will cover basic fire precautions, evacuation procedures and the actions to be taken in the event of a fire amongst other aspects of fire safety.

It is recommended that 30% of staff are fire warden trained. Our Fire Warden Fire Safety Training Course covers the operation of fire extinguishers, calling the fire brigade and health and safety legislation.

Would your staff be able to safely evacuate your premises in the event of a fire? Call us today on 0845 402 3045 or email sales@assured-ltd.co.uk to arrange your Fire Safety Training. Alternatively, view our help and advice here.

Original source: Minster FM

, , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.