An ASDA store on Chaucer Road, Sheffield had to be evacuated on Tuesday 26th March 2019 with firefighters and police arriving shortly after 8 pm.
Firefighters from Rivelin Fire Station were called to the scene, however, they discovered there wasn’t a blaze.
Due to a fault with the sprinkler system an alarm had been triggered. This meant the people inside had to be evacuated from the building while it was investigated.
Maintaining your equipment by a certified company will reduce the risk of false alarms due to faulty equipment. Using a BAFE accredited company will ensure they comply with British Standards in maintaining and installing fire systems.
This will allow you to not only stay compliant with the law but also ensures your systems are protecting your people and premises.