Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

We know that fire and Security can be confusing at times, But we want to help. 

Here you will find a number of frequently asked questions with answers based on our 20 years’ experience. Alternatively,  if you wish to speak to one of our experts contact us today

Fire Questions

Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, fire safety in business (or other non-domestic premises) is entirely the responsibility of the employer, occupier or manager. You may, therefore, be the ‘responsible person’ for fire safety if you’re:
  • An employer
  • The owner
  • The landlord
  • An occupier
  • Anyone else with control of the premises (e.g. facilities or building manager, managing agent or risk assessor
Your fire assembly point should be in a sensible place, away from dangers such as your building and busy traffic. The assembly point should be situated in an area that does not prevent access for emergency services in the event of a fire, you should also make sure a member of staff is in a location to meet the Fire & Rescue service on their arrival. To ensure your fire assembly point and plan are up to scratch, make sure you have an up-to-date fire risk assessment.
Fire hazards in the workplace can include things like: storage of waste and combustible materials, flammable liquids and vapours, dust, blocked fire exits, fire doors left open, objects that generate heat, faulty electrical equipment, untested fire alarms, overloading power sockets, smoking, human error and negligence. For more information on fire hazards in the workplace, check out our blog or download our free 50 Essential Fire Safety Checks booklet.
Things like fire doors, fire curtains & fire stopping which involves blocking holes where cables and pipes pass through fire compartments, we carry out passive fire protection surveys but we don’t carry out the specialising rectification works.
The simple answer is YES! The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 states that it is a legal requirement in the UK for a fire risk assessment (FRA) to have been carried out on most of the premises where people could be working. A written record of your fire risk assessment must be kept if your business has 5 or more people. Simply fill in our request a Fire Risk Assessment form or email us at to arrange an FRA
We recommend that your FRA should be reviewed every 12 months and a new FRA completed every 3 years. You are also required to review your FRA should there be any changes to your business such as material alterations to the building such as new furniture or equipment, if there are any big changes to the use, contents or layout of the building, or if there are any another changes to fire risk precautions. Read our Guide to a Fire Risk Assessment for Your Business blog and get a FREE FRA quote now!
First of all, you will need an up-to-date Fire Risk Assessment. Without this you will not know what type and category of fire alarm you need…. Next, download our helpful Fire Alarm Buyers Guide, this will help you decide on things like the type of alarm to choose, which company to select to install and maintain your fire alarm system. Finally, book in for a free site survey!
Yes your employees need Fire Training. Certain business premises will need more fire training than others. There are multiple fire training courses available from Basic Fire Awareness training to in depth Fire Warden Training. All of our courses have the ability to provide Practical Extinguisher Training.
  • Basic Fire Awareness: Should be refreshed annually
  • Fire Warden Training: There should be at least two trained fire wardens over each floor dependent on size or at least 30% of your employees trained. This training should also be refreshed every 2 years.

Security Questions

Firstly, download our Free Intruder Alarm Buyers guide which will assist with making decisions on what type of Intruder Alarm to install, how to choose the right company and whether you need Intruder Alarm monitoring.
A monitored intruder alarm is connected to an Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) that will then have either a keyholder response or police response. Should your alarm be activated, a notification will be issued to the ARC who will then contact your keyholders. Once an alarm activation has been confirmed, police will be contacted if a URN is in place. Your can also monitor your alarm through a speech dialler or your smart phone. 
Yes, you can! Arrange a free site survey to discuss the best option for your building.

General Assured Questions

We are always looking for talented people to join our ever-expanding team. So, check out our Careers at Assured’ page for all our latest vacancies.
You can contact our service team on 0845 402 3045 option 2

If you still have questions that you would like us to answer, please email us at or contact us here


logo5-ssaib-logo Intruder