Foam Deluge Fire Suppression
Mainly used on large applications where water or gas cannot be used. These tend to be external such as transformers, oil tanks and oil storage silo’s.
A simple sprinkler open deluge type application with the heads (usually open) spread around the risk, a foam concentrate is mixed with the water to provide the typical expanding agent (the same as with extinguishers).
Will need a large amount of fabrication work to support the pipe work, valves and heads to and around the risk.
- Good for external areas.
- Covers large areas.
- Protects flammables liquids – airports, aircraft hangers, oil storage.
- Wet agent so electrical risk needs to be considered.
- Messy – clean up required.
- Same disadvantages as sprinklers for water and pump supplies, although because of the expanding effects of foam this sometimes means not as much water is required.
- Machine Spaces
- Switch rooms
- Generators (Local app)
- Fuel Stores
- Aircraft Hangars
- Storage silos
- Machines/process that are outdoors
What’s the next step?
If you’re thinking of installing a new fire suppression system, looking to upgrade your existing suppression system or need a maintenance schedule for your system then why not book one of our Fire Suppression Consultants to visit your business and conduct a free site survey?
Or if you’re not ready for a visit just yet why not download our FREE Fire Suppression Buyers’ Guide? This comprehensive guide covers all you need to know about your legal requirements, types of fire suppression systems, what you need to consider, the laws you must comply with when installing a suppression system on your business premises and much more.