Did you also know during the festive season business’ loose approximately £978 million to criminals?
Although crime may not be at the top of your priorities this Christmas it should not be forgotten about. The last thing you want to happen is an intruder ruin your festivities.
Here’s our Top 5 tips to help your business, stay in business this Christmas.
1. Check your windows and doors – Windows are the easiest point of entry for an intruder to gain access to your business. Always ensure your windows and doors are locked. there are additional security devices to consider such as window alarms to security bars.
2. Avoid lone workers – Any lone workers will be vulnerable to criminals in waiting, or to missing some security protocols in the rushed atmosphere of the festivities. In the ideal situation, there would never be someone left alone to lock up, try to arrange this in advance of the last day.
3. Ensure your security systems are working correctly – Having the correct safety equipment in place that is reliable and that you have confidence in is crucial to ensuring that your business stays protected from intruders and fire.
4. Check your security lights and CCTV are fit for purpose – Not only do we have longer nights but even during the daytime light can be low during winter with gloomy days and low visibility. So it is important to ensure your CCTV cameras are still effective and can pick up movement.
5. Contact your monitoring provider with your Christmas opening times – contact your monitoring provider to let them know your Christmas opening times. This is so that they can act quickly if your alarm is activated. If you don’t have alarm monitoring then you should consider it. Check our monitoring blog here.