November has brought an update to the BS 5306-3, the British Standard covering portable fire extinguishers has been amended to give clearer safety information.
Full details on the updated British Standard are not yet revealed as the FIA are working on a comprehensive guide.
Below, is a brief overview of the updated British Standard to ensure those within the Industry can keep ahead and refresh their knowledge quickly.
- Usability is improved as the layout has been changed to improve ease of reading and interpretation.
- Each point is now more in-depth giving the user greater clarification over procedures
- The document now includes information about the maintenance of fire extinguishers without metal casings, such as the P50.
- Enhanced steps and documentation regarding compliance with BS5306-8 and statutory Duties
- Clarification on what’s expected of the responsible person
- Inclusion is referenced to BS 5306-9
We will be monitoring the FIA site and will bring you more information when it becomes available.
In the mean time, if you have any questions give us a call today on 0845 402 3045 or email our frindly sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org