Fire Alarm Maintenance
Insurance companies require that fire alarm systems are regularly maintained, meaning they must have a maintenance contract in place from an approved company. BS 5839-1:2013 recommends systems are checked 2 or 4 times a year.
Our Service Team
Our nationwide team of engineers have a high level of customer liaison skills, which means you will receive exceptional customer service. Their skills and expertise are backed up by our in-house team of service coordinators, corrective works coordinators and field line managers, all managed by our service manager to ensure you receive the high quality standard of work you expect.
What Your Maintenance Plan Includes
24 hour Call-Out Facility. Our professional maintenance team are just a phone call away, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
4 hour response to all call-outs. We can be on-site for any call-out within 4 hours of receiving notification. However, 98% of call-out sites are reached within 2 hours, and a large percentage are dealt with over the phone at no additional cost.
Minor adjustments during inspection.
12 month warranty for additionally fitted equipment.
Free review of your fire and security requirements.
What Does a Maintenance Visit Include?
- Check if staff have experienced any problems with the fire alarm system, including false alarms
- Check if there are any outstanding actions in the log book
- Check mains and standby power supplies
- Disconnect sounders
- Inform Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) of temporary disconnection
- Disconnect signalling
- Test a minimum of one detector and one call point per zone
- Check panel for 'alarm' indication
- Reset the fire alarm system
- Reconnect all sounders
- Check 'alarm' indication on fire alarm panel
- Check all sounders are functional
- Check any auxiliary units
- Confirm with ARC that test signal was received
- Check all detectors and call points at least once a year
- Check battery connections and fluid level
- Repair any minor faults
- Log date, time and results of test in Fire Safety Log Book
- Answer any questions from the customer
A service call report sheet will be completed during your maintenance visit, which will record any deficiencies to the system and recommend work required to maintain a fully operational, compliant fire alarm system.